Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cupar blues and beyond...

Played a solo set in front of Wolftrain last night at the Cupar Blues and Beyond club last night. Great to get back across the Tay bridge and see some old friends, and try out some new songs.

Wolftrain was great, as always.

I had my ES-125 plus a lap steel and an acoustic guitar that I never touched. Seemed the music felt right on an electric guitar, rather than that acoustic. And the lap steel always sounds great in that big room.

New songs, from the new CD- "Toss and Turn", "Sackcloth and Ashes", "Ball and Chain", "Nothing out of place", and "Long way to fall". Some Old faves, like "Goodnight Irene". The rest is a blur.

A million thanks to those of you that warned me about the traffic, and to Wolftrain for letting me plug into their gear. And of course to Charlie and the gang at the blues and beyond club. It's a great gig, and I'm already looking forward to the next one.