Monday, September 01, 2008

Orkney Blues Festival!!!

Well, it's just a couple of weeks till Orkney. It's always like going home for me, there so much about Orkney that reminds me of rural Alaska.

The band has been working up a whole bunch of new songs that I've written over the last six months. For those of you that haven't seen my band since the big re-shuffle earlier in the year, it's a kicking trio that plays all the hard-edged country blues really, really well. And that's saying something, because it's an odd hybrid of old-school country and hill country blues with a rock-n-roll attitude. Remember that Glenn Highway Blues cd of mine? We're screaming into that pocket and tapping into a major river of attitude. Bring comfortable shoes, you'll likely need them if there's space to dance.

Well, ok, there's still a big obvious influence of Chicago and Texas blues, etc. We've got 3 shows to play and I'd bet my draft card that they'll all be dramatically different.

Here's the website:

http://orkneyblues.co.uk/

See y'all real soon. If you're not making the trip, well, shame on you.