Friday, March 27, 2009

First Stop, Essex....

Well, the tour has started and we're back in the saddle. It was an easy 12 hour drive from Aberdeen to Essex, I think we hit a pocket in the traffic and made great time. After an all-day rehearsal on Wednesday we were off to a gig last night at the Farnham Maltings in, well, Farnham.

The combination of Tim and I is a fun one, great to have another 'front' guy to riff off, and also have the change to lay back a bit and play a little more guitar than I normally do. We recorded last night's session to give it the once-over.

Best moments? Well, the old beams in that theater sounded great when I used them to play my lap steel! I think we have pictures to prove it, gimme time and we'll get there...

Off to play with the Swamp Cat's in Essex tonight, and then a double-header tomorrow.