Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dexter's last night (or why I love Dundee)



Man, any time you can crank out a few solo tunes on an old electric guitar and have people calling out requests for songs from your last CD? That's heaven.

So, all in all a great gig and I stayed out much too late last night. We were supposed to quit at 10, but went much longer- how can you quit when you've got a room full of people dancing and having fun? It's like yer dad walking in on your birthday party and turning the music off!

But, for the first time last night in Scotland I dragged my pedal steel along and played a half-dozen tunes through the night. I think the guys in the band understand now that it's a big sound like a Hammond Organ.

Thanks to all of you that were there, and to Bob Telford for sitting in on the keys. Great night! Now all I need to do is catch up on my sleep...