Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Long Way Home: Son Henry Live at the 4th Avenue Theater




Y'all know I've been working on a live record since November of last year, tweaking the mixes and such. Well gang, everything is all together and the CD is going out for replication!

Last year we recorded the entire 'Blues for my Brother' show in Anchorage on November 11th at the 4th Avenue Theater. Mike Buzzinski captured the whole thing on a 24 track recorder for us, and the rough mixes were great. So, we've taken my entire set AND added some great songs from Lisa Monroe's and Ottomatic Slim's sets too. All in all it's over an hour of live material, exactly as it came down, including all the bad jokes, exploding amplifiers and stage comments too.

I think you'll like it. We'll have them back from manufacturing by the Globe gig in August. Not sure if we'll call it a CD release party, but it will be a party all the same!

Oh, the track listing:

1. Let the Good TImes Roll
2. Bad Boy
3. Long Way Home
4. Bring it on home to me
5. Messing with the kid
6. Hip shake
7. You were wrong
8. Help me
9. Beautician Blues

See you in Dundee this weekend!