Thursday, December 21, 2006

Twas the night before Christmas......

Twas the night before christmas
and all through the house
the band was getting restless
there was no bass player about

and so in my leather jacket
and backwards beret
I put on my shoes
and went looking for Dave

then out from the street
there arose such a racket
that the cigarettes fell
out of my jacket

and looking through the window
of a rusty old van
who should I spy
but the long lost bass man

locked in the van
along with the keys
was davey the bass player
and 8 bottles of beer

when finally with a coat hanger
we did get him out
he jumped into the night air
and stumbled about

at the top of his lungs
full of good christmas cheer
"Happy Crishmash to all,
And Nappy Hew Near"

But from down the street
we did hear the yell
of punters, "play freebird"
oh bloddy hell.......