Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Those new CD's

Hey Gang!

I just got an e-mail from Buzz at the studio, and the mixes for the CD's are almost done. I've got a couple of things to listen to, and then we'll be ready to go to duplication. So, in early 2006 (probably our gig at the Globe in Aberdeen in March) we'll have a release party for these CD's

Red Lights and Folding Chairs (With Otto Lenz and Blue Lisa)- 9 killer old Chicago Blues tunes, all original.

Live at the 4th Avenue Theater. It was, um, recorded live this year. As a bonus you get some classic older material as well.

Thrift Store Sorcerer: The return of the original Son Henry Band, plus some solo tunes like 'Hole in my Soul'.

if that wasn't enough, I've been writing and playing like a mad-man these days, and I'm working my way throgh a whole new collection of acoustic tunes played lap-style. I'm hoping to have enough new material that I can make this the focus of my acoustic shows from now on, and have a CD to support it as well. The working title is King of the Tides, named after what will be the title track that's dedicated to my father. You'll understand the reference when you hear the song. This record is as much folk as it is blues.

So, stay tuned for details....