Sunday, August 20, 2006

Got my guitars back....

Took over a week, but I got what's left of my guitars back. My lap steel got pretty beatup, and my resonator guitar was crushed- a solid brass guitar and it's smashed. Normally I'd carry these on to the plane, but the last trip everything went into the baggage hold, covered in fragile stickers.

I'm all for fighting terrorists, but if you read the news you'll see what effect this is having on musicians all over the globe, from the Russian symphony to little guys like me. Photographers, and other artists that need to travel by air to practice their craft.

If the end result of all this is that artists can no longer travel because they can't get the tools of their trade safely to their destination then I think the terrorists have won.

(Before you send me telling me to get a grip, let me remind you that 9/11 impacted people I knew, people I know and people I care about)