Saturday, March 10, 2007

Recording, part 2

Yes, folks, we're recording in anger these days.

Spent several hours at Musical Vision yesterday recording some lap steel tracks and managed to finish two that I'm happy with:

1. Sackcloth and Ashes
2. Water and stone

And then, to make matters worse, was up to the wee hours of the morning working on guitar parts to

3. Mirror man
4. Born to roam

Tonight we're back at it, and we'll be finishing off

5. Fork in the road
6. Name for a number
7. The celebrated Mother in Law Blues

And then package everything off to sing and mix. Lots of this will come out on the next solor record, and the rest will be available for download on Snocap or myspace or something (not sure yet).

Ok, that's me done coming up for air in the middle of this creative frenzy. If you're waiting on me to return a phone call or something, I apologize. I'm focused and need this done. Man, I haven't even taken the trash out this week but that's probably something I can't let slide much longer.....

Peace!