Friday, December 07, 2007

and that's a wrap......

That's it, last gig of 2007 has now been played and I can get on with my Christmas shopping. Phew.

It was a great year with some great places to play and lots of fantastic people along the way. Ireland, Orkney and Shetland by ferry, Burnley by train, Alaska by plane, the Moorings by bus, the Lemon Tree on foot and lots of places by car. We got hopelessly lost on the way to Fetternear, and stuck in Customs in Seattle.

And last night was a great way to wrap up the year, sitting on a bar stool at Drummonds with Dino and Angus blasting out the Mississippi hill county slide and lap steel tunes in a 2-hour set till 1 am, to a club jammed to the rafters with happy dancers and drinkers. Great to see lots of you last night, regulars and semi-regulars all in one place.

I'm walking in my sleep, my finger tips are sore and I have no voice left. Sure signs of an extremely over the top gig.

Cheers all, see you next year in Germany, the US, the UK.....