Sunday, December 16, 2007

~ that's all the gigs for 2007 ~

This time I mean it, one last show for an important cause.

The LemonAid benefit yesterday was one last blast for good cause that we shouldn't need to be fighting. Sad that there is even a need to assemble a bunch of musicians for a benefit to protest the closing of an arts center like the Lemon Tree. Especially over a small amount of money, in comparison to the money spent by the government on other things. But, there we were, if only to show support to a place that was really supportive of our music, and the music and theater and art of all our friends.

Thanks to all of you that joined us at the Tunnels yesterday to show support. I have no idea if we even registered on the City Council radar, but we did demonstrate that support for the arts is alive and well in Aberdeen.

The Lemon Tree was one of the first places to put me on the bill as a solo act in Scotland, one of the first places to book my band. I took my kids there for theater performances, my kids were involved in student productions there, and my wife and I sat there on a regular basis to soak up the music on friday at lunch for the Friday Live series, and the regular folk and blues offerings there in the evenings. We'll miss it! Thanks to the staff for all you've done over the years to make the place what it is/was.

"You don't miss your water, till your well runs dry"