Sunday, November 14, 2010

Changes in Son-Henry-Land

Well, my year-long adventure into the land of big band blues has come to an end. Given the pressures of the economy we've made the hard choice to drop back to a smaller more compact format. It's always hard to say goodbye to good players like Chris and Dave, but (and you may have heard me say this before) change is always good.

I had a chance to road-test the new line-up on Friday at the Globe Inn here in Aberdeen. How'd it go? Well, we settled right in and had the room jumping from the start. It's all that old-school stuff that I love that works so well in a guitar-driven format; John Lee Hooker, Guitar Slim, Lightning Slim and my own tunes. All works. And you need to see it to experience it!

And really, my measure is just this. I like it, its the perfect line-up for where my head is at these days. And on Friday we played well past the closing bell for a large group of women that just didn't want to stop dancing. There's all the proof I need.

See you soon-