Friday, November 26, 2010

Taking a break, walking a way....

I'm stepping away from the keyboard, the band and life in the electronic universe for a while. I'll be back after January 5th with more blues and stories, and more regular posting. For now I need to get out and play in the snow.

It's been an interesting and challenging year, with some real highs and lows. To my good friends that were there to get me through the low spots, and shared in the high spots all I can say is thanks- I wouldn't be here with out all your help. Daily, I remember that I'm forever in the debt of the Seven Sisters of Mercy in Rayong, and the arms of the Universe (whatever your concept of God is) that caught me when I fell and was second-chance-reborn with the dawn of 2010.

And so, with the close of the year, it's finally time to go away and think (or re-think) the music. Somehow it's become hard work, like walking the same ground over and over again. Different, urgent, personal, new, challenging are words I need to apply honestly to this again. How to get there? Moving. Different. How to get there?

I suppose that the simple answer is that it is time for change of instrumentation. More pedal steel. More something and less something else. That's too simple, however. It needs to be more transformational than that. I need some unstructured time to write and think and be, and emerge from this metamorphosis with something worth taking on the next few miles of the journey, as short or as long as this may be.

See you in the new year with something worth sharing.

Namaste