Monday, July 18, 2005

It's underway. Anyone got a mandolin?

Well, I've got the artwork started, all I need are a few songs.....

But, I've now got 3 songs started with rough parts on tape. Just finished recording the basic tracks to 'Hole in my Soul', a song you may have heard at the Blue Lamp. Also have the basics to 2 other new songs that have never been played in front of an audience. I'm excited about this new disk. It'll be a mix of raw acoustic blues and some odd instrumentation. My big regret is that I left my mandolin in Alaska, and I've got the perfect place for a mandolin part. Damm. Can anyone loan me a mando?

So, I'm going to try and have this finished by the time I head back to Alaska so I can organize the duplication while I'm there. We'll have a CD release party sometime about mid-November.

So, it's underway, the songs are all written and arranged. What can I say, I'm excited. And the artwork is almost done too. How cool is that!