Sunday, August 20, 2006

Blues for My Brother Update

For those of you that don't know, Blues for My Brother is an annual benefit for a homeless shelter in Anchorage that I coordinate. As you might imagine, Alaska is a tough place to be homeless, and every year musicians from around the world get together to raise money for the shelter, and raise awareness of homeless issues in our communities.

We're really lucky that Brittish blues piano legend Bob Hall has agreed to play the benefit this year. I've had the good fortune to play with Bob at a couple of festivals, including a long session together at the Dundee Blues Bonanza. He's an amazing player and a real genleman. It's going to be a great show.

I'll try and get to town the weekend before the show to coordinate the last minute details (like getting my amp repaired, save me some time KB, ok?) and get some hang-time with y'all. I'll be dragging Bob down to Portage and Homer for some sightseeing.

Lots to work on, but we'll be recording the show this year AND making copies of last years recording available.

What do we need? We always need Silent Auction items- copies of CD's, T-shirts and other stuff like that are always welcome. If you're in a band, own a club or simply want to help by donating something, thanks! Just send me an email at info@sonhenry.com and I'll get you all the details.