Thursday, August 31, 2006

Gearing up for the next record

Well, I'm going into the studio to do a little recording in November. That can only mean one thing- time to write a bunch of songs. So, here we go again. But what about the big concept for the record?

So far the tunes are an odd mix of redneck alt-country and country blues. With apologies to Eric the Social Worker, lots of these songs are in open tunings. My goal is to jam the CD up with lots of short songs- about the length of 'Richer than a Sheik' from the previous record. Short and to the point, thats the ticket.

Oh, I've got a few songs already done, too. We'l need to see how well they fit with the new stuff.

Here's the catch- getting the instruments to the studio. It's not really safe for them to fly, and I think I've proven that lately. So, how to get them there? I'm working on that..

But, we're committed. The studio is booked, and so are the players. Point of no return, my favorite place!