Monday, August 27, 2007

Bellrock blues, Day 2

Life is like one of those animal shows on discovery channel. Sometimes you ride the rhino, and sometimes you get your jeep knocked around. Sunday the jeep took a beating.

I'm not sure what the deal was, but it all started to go sour with a broken string on my lap steel on the first song. From there, the rest of the first set was dogged by PA problems, and even after completely rewiring the cables it was still dodgy. So, I dod the only thing I could think of, and that was point the monitor out at the folks in the bar (it was the one working speaker) and carry on.

For some reason it all cleared up for the second set. And I touched nothing to make that hapen, just switched everything on again, and off we went.

Oh well. I got a chance to try out some new songs, a couple of odd guitars. All fine. So, thanks t those of you that stuck with us through all this! Great weekend all in all, and the fish-n-chips in Arbroath is worth the drive alone.