Monday, May 16, 2005

Ahhhh, Hello Aberdeen

Man, did that ever feel good. I finally got a chance to get my guitar out and play after a very long month off. If you were there you know I'm talking about an hour-long set at the Blue Lamp on Saturday the 14th. Thanks to all of you that came out and voiced such strong opinions in favor of that raw delta blues.

So, after gig #1, one thing that really struck me was how knowledgable the audience was about all things blues-related. Much more so than the States. I suppose that doesn't come as a suprise, as modern blues artists seem to spend more time here than state-side making a living. Must be that thing about not appreciating something that comes from your own back yard. No bother, it's great to have a room full of people to talk blues with. Great to see all of you there, and dthanks to those that spent some cash on my cd!

OK, some other local gigs will be going on the web calendar today. Also, I'm working on booking some solo shows in Argentina, and some return gigs in Alaska. So please check into my website to keep up to date on the latest show.