Friday, June 03, 2005

Lemon Tree, June 3

Well it's now official. We're gigging again and it feels great to be back at work.

Thanks to all of you that came out over lunch to listen. It was a fun show for me, great sound and no broken strings (this is odd actually). Funny looking back on it, it felt like taking a huge risk breaking out the lap steel and blasting out some old Blind Lemon Jefferson. It felt ok, but I'm never sure how people are going to react. And the general reaction was the complete opposite- one of curiosity and fascination. One of you even told me it felt "hair raising" (in a good way). Ok then, we'll do more of that.....

Still feels like I'm settling in to the rhythm of shows here. An hour is fine, sound dis great, but there's huge differences in language that really become obvious when you tell stories or joke and sometimes they just don't translate. So I'll work on that.

But watch this space. I've got a good trio coming together, and that'll feature more electric things that I can't play solo. Oh, and lots of lap steel.

Cheers all. If you're reading this and you're not on my mailing list why not send me an email at

info@sonhenry.com

and I'll keep you up to date.

Cheers!

Son