Saturday, October 15, 2005

More about the Lemon Tree....

By my count there are several keepers, well recorded and really well played:

Second Glance
Vodoo Doll
Hole in My Soul
Cypress Grove
Nobody knows you (when you're down and out)

And a couple that I'm on the fence about:

Glenn Highway blues
Can't be satisfied
3 O'clock in the morning
Key to the highway
Future blues

So, I think what I'll do is think about it for a few more days and then put out a few samplers to people on my mailing list that typically have strong opinions. At any rate, I'm back at the Lemon Tree on the 25th of November and with a little luck we'll catch a few tunes that I didn't play. That list, if you're curious, is:

Rising Water Blues
When I lay my burden down
Watching Noah Sleep
Luke's Black Cloud Blues
I'm not your satellite
Deeper and Deeper
Fat Jeans
Nunca Mas, Corazon

and a few favorite covers like:

Terraplane Blues
Tom Rushen's Blues
Kindhearted Woman
Yo yo mama

So, there it is, in advance- my Lemon Tree set list for the next show. And to think some of you never imagined that you'd ever see me put together a set list.....