Friday, January 20, 2006

Off to manufacturing!

Here's the track listing:

Granite City Shuffle
Richer than a Shiek
Teardrops on my pillow
Heartache and Trouble
Well I love my baby
First thing smokin
Middle man blues
Going Back to Dallas
They say love

This is the magic disk we've been calling the 'retro' record while we worked on it, it's got a real old Chicago feel with a bit of an edge. I'm so glad my good friends Otto Lenz and Blue Lisa were able to be on it, they really made the record complete. Otto's harp playing sounds like he's channeling the ghost of Little Walter. And Lisa? Man, she's all Texas attitude and twang, so perfect for this record.

At the rate this is going, it'll in-hand for the release party at the Blue Lamp on the 24th of February. Phew, with the volcano it was getting a little close there.