Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Drummonds tomorrow as told by Chris Simmonds

Chris Simmonds, Aberdeen Promoter and all-around good blues guy had this to say about our gig tomorrow night at Cafe Drummonds in Aberdeen:

Fresh from their appearance on the main stage at Burnley, the very excellent Son Henry Band play one of their semi-regular Drummonds gigs. On the basis that this band gets better every time I see them they should be phenomenal tonight! The new Long Way Home CD is great and you can play the "How many guitars will Son play tonight" competition as well!! And with a supporting cast of Dean Stewart on bass; Les Taylor on drums it should be a rocking night here as well.

How many guitars? That sounds like a challenge of sorts. There's my new magnatone, and the old national, and my brown maggie. Hmmm. Anyone want to cut me in on the winnings?

Seriously, it'll be a great gig. The band is razor sharp and after a few days off is always ready to wail into the wee hours of the morning. I'm in the middle of repairing my amp (new speakers and a new 240 volt power transformer) and at the rate I'm going I'm going to be dragging my Marshall amp instead. That'll be fun.


See you there!