Sunday, April 29, 2007

on the fine art of going local

Looks like we'll be here a while longer, so I'm going local.

It's a thing that happens when you've been somewhere long enough that you really start to put down roots. It's different for everyone, this week, for me it's swapping the power transformers in my amplifiers so I can run on 240 volts. As of this evening, I have converted two of them to run from the wall plug here. I'm sending the marshall is back to the marshall factory to get re-wired, and then we're done.

Funny how that works. The big thing for me was not needing a step-down transformer any more. That always seemed like a temporary thing. No longer, I'm a global kinda guy now, because the amp will run anywhere now, and I can go home one day and only re-solder one wire.

Phew.