Monday, September 24, 2007

Audience Harmonica?

~ Just say no ~

I know, it's a cheap instrument and fun to learn. But, please, when you come to a gig, leave it in your pocket, ok?

Last few gigs, in all kinds of odd places, there has been someone in the room playing a harmonica. Most of the time it's not even the correct key. So, please, a small favor, don't do this? OK? It makes everyone at the tables around you mad. And all I'm going to do is take out my capo and start playing in sharp or flat keys, so the C-major marine band is going to sound bad and embarass you in front of your friends.

Please, work with me on this ok? It's all I ask. After all, there's a reason why it's called a 'solo' show.

If it's a band gig I don't care at all. We're way to freaking loud for anyone to hear you blow, so save it for the band gigs if you absolutely, positively, must treat us like a harp-less karaoke track.....