Thursday, September 06, 2007

Getting ready for Orkney

Man, do I ever love the Islands here. First Shetland, now back home to Orkney in a couple of weeks.

My friend Chris Simmonds described Orkney as a magical place several years ago, and he couldn't be more correct in my book. From the Stenis Stones to the Historical sites and the Twatt church, I love goin to Orkney.

Expect some new songs, including one or three that I wrote on the Shetland Ferry- really new songs. Some stories to tell, some friends to get caught up with.

Ahhh, what a great life. And the weather? A little rain is great with me. I'm an Alaskan, and if you need some persoective on my definition of bad weather, go read 'To Build a Fire' by Jack London

But I digress- looking forward to seeing some old friends, playing some music and drinking some beer and sitting in at the jam. See y'all soon...