Friday, November 18, 2005

Blues for my Brother Review

We got a great review in the Anchorage Press this week for Blues for My Brother! I'm flattered, but I also think that Stu, Otto, Lisa and Melissa deserved every word and then some.


Click Here to read the review!


I'll write a whole bunch this weekend as I catch my breath, and post some pictures too. For now let's just say it was good to be back in Anchorage with so many great people, have a chance to get caught up, and do something wonderful for people that need it that can only be done by a community.

The live recordings came out great, and are now in Mike Buzzinski's very capable hands to mix and master. We're going to find a corporate sponsor for the release and then make the disks available through a bnch of sources, again to benefit the shelter's programs.

Ok, right now some sleep- it took FOUR full days of travelling to get back home to Aberdeen because of flight delays. But there is a great deal to write about, in the meantime take a look at the review. Thanks to Scott Christensen, Monica Bradbury and the rest of the staff at the Anchorage Press, Amy Van Singel at the Anchorage Daily News, Gary Lamar and everyone else at Channel 2 for helping get the word out! We really did a great thing together this week, and I appreciate your help!