Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Time to get back to work!

Benefit is over, and it's time to get back to the job at hand- playing the guitar!

I'll be at 2 of my favorite places this weekend. On Friday over lunch I'll be at the Lemon Tree, playing solo delta blues and lots of songs from the new CD(s). I'll also be recordng again for later release. On Saturday night I'll have the band at the Blue Lamp. There is a small cover charge, but it'll be worth it! Everyone in the band is primed to play, and we've got a special guest or two.

While I'm on the subject of the new CD(s), there really are more than one coming out. While I was in Anchorage we recorded seven songs for the new Son Henry CD that's tentatively titled 'Sidewalk Prophet'. It'll have some solo tunes on it as well and it sounds killer. We also recorded eleven songs for a west-coast style record (think Hollywood Fats or Junior Watson) with Harp-monster Otto Lenz and Blue Lisa. On top of that we got enough live audio at the 4th Avenue Theater for a CD to suppor the shelter. Once that's done I'll release our whole set too. Four, count them, four CD's in one week. I'm still getting caught up on my sleep, but it was all worth it!

So, stay tuned for the details about the CD release party....