Thursday, November 24, 2005

The new CD

Damn! I'm listening to the rough mixes of the new cd, and it's just killing me that I can't listen to it on the big speakers. I'm stuck listening to the mixes on a cheesy pair of headphones tied to my computer. It's a long story about why my CD player won't play CDR's, but the mixes are great and I'm wishing I could be jumping around the room while I listen to this. Arggggh!

Here's the final track list:

Granite City Shuffle
Richer than a Shiek
Going back to Dallas
First thing smoking
Heartache and trouble
Love my baby
Teardrops on my Pillow
Middle man (pass me the bottle)
They Say love

47 minutes, not a wasted second and totally old school. All my life I've wanted to record something that sounds like a cross between those old Guitar Slim records and my old Camaro (that always sounded like it was about to detonate whenever you turned the ignition key). This is it, gang. Miracles of modern science, clean living and Buzz's studio engineering.

I'm blessed with having John Clark (drums) and Joel Lockman (string bass) on this, but I've also got my 2 other best friends on this as well. Otto Lenz blows some amazing harp and Blue Lisa Monroe sings her tail off. It's a great band, and a really energetic CD. Wow.

So, tomorrow I'm going to get a new CD player so I can listen to this on the big speakers. Oh, now I need a title for this. I'm thinking "Streecorner Poetry" or "Granite City Shuffle". Email me and let me know what you think. Or come up with a good name and I'll give you a copy AND credit you.....