Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Cafe Drummonds

Thanks to all of you that joined us for our debut inside the city walls at Drummonds on Monday. It was great to see the gang from the blindman forum, and Alfie and son Chris. And big Chris. Big Chris was no surprise, I owed
him money.

Man I love that stage and that room. Great sound system and room to move. Les and Mike played their butts off, and I got to turn it up a bit too.

If you noticed me laughing whenever I played slide, here's the inside story- I broke my regular slide guitar on saturday and didn't get a chance to fix it. On Monday I grabbed that old silvertone and put some heavy strings on it, tuned it up. sounded great, off to the gig. It wasn't till I got there that I remembered the guitar has those really dark position markers that fade to nothing under red stage lights. So it was like playing blind. Which is funny because most of the time I play with my eyes closed. What tripped me up was actually *thinking* about it. I won't make that mistake again

Well, we're off to Dundee next. I've got about 10 new songs that I've
written since arriving. I'll try out some of them on Saturday at the
Balcony. Hope to see you there!