Sunday, June 26, 2005

Well Chris, you missed a great gig.

My new band made it's debut performance at the Northern Lights Pub in Hatton of Fintray last night to a small but spirited crowd of new freinds that really know how to party. Thanks to all of you for such a great time. And to Eric the social worker and his friend Doug for making the drive. And Dave 'Barrelhouse' Blair, who was there for a bit.

So, my friend Chris was supposed to be there too. He's been instrumental (no pun intended) in helping me get started here, and he's planned on being there to celebrate with us- and spare himself the drive home by crashing at his friend Big Al's. Well Big Al was there, but no Chris. Must have been good, because Chris wasn't home when Big Al called to give him a review well after midnight.

For all my Alaskan friends it'd be no surprise, for my new Scottish buds this was a typical Son Henry show- start early, end late and loud. Almost 3 hours with only a 5 minute water break. The big surprise of the night was little Al the Hammond player. He slipped a note to the band stand reading "need a Hammond player?". "Sure", I said, thinking this was a long-term request. Five minutes later in came the gear, and man could little Al ever play. So, we ended a little later than planned, but we had a great time. My only regret is that Mike is just filling in for us on bass after our other bass player left us flat. We'll find those magic 'other' players I'm sure. For now we rock.

So, Cafe Drummond's on Monday night and then it's off to Dundee. Hope we'll see you there! If you're reading this and would like to sit in on Sunday afternoon send me an email. Let's make it a party!