Saturday, June 18, 2005

Dundee Blues Bonanza

Just to let you know, I'll be at the Dundee Blues Bonanza- the largest free blues festival in Europe. So cool.

On Friday night I'm part of the show opening. I'll have my new band at the Marquee, opening to Tam White (who among other things was in the movie Braveheart), and Bob Hall, an amazing boogie-woogie style piano player and a legend here.

On Saturday I'll run down an hours worth of Acoustic Blues, including several new songs that I've written in the last couple of weeks. Probably have the lap steel and the acoustic lap guitars there as well.

Finally, on Sunday afternoon the band will be back in the saddle. This'll be a fun way to get a few drinks in before you head off to see Otis Grand. Save me a seat...

Details are on my schedule page.

Just an observation- some of you know how much I love to have fellow musicians sit in. If you're reading this and also on the bill at Dundee send me an email. Let's have some fun on Sunday!

Now, for my Alaskan buddies- I don't have a Suburban anymore. I've got a small truck to move kids, but there's not much room for gear. Somehow I need to fit me, my wife and 2 of the kids, my PA, an amp and a couple of guitars in a vehicle about the size of one of those Subaru Station-wagons. I may just need to strap things on the roof, or, (gasp) not take too many guitars. It's going to be a real problem. Am I stressed? Yes. First big gig and you know I've got to have the National, my strat, a silvertone, a lap steel as a minimum. But that leaves me with no backup. I'll let you know how this works out. Either way it's going to be a great gig.

Peace all. More later as the world develops, no doubt as it should.