Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Free Buster tour -or- September 23/24 at the Fly-By-Night club

Some of you that know me well know that not long ago I adopted a sled dog named Buster from the animal shelter. He's an incredible dog, and was great company while I was down from back surgery. He never did quite master changing DVD's for me, but he did learn to fetch the remote control.

To make a long story short, he's still in Alaska in the care of some very good friends. I had to leave him because our vet was totally confused about the UK's regulations for importing a dog. But, his time of exile is soon to end, and I can go get him in September.

So, what a great excuse to play music! So, for 2, count them 2 nights only, you'll get a reunion of my world-class band at the Fly-By-Night club, along with some very special guests. Show starts at 9:30, and if it were me, I'd go see Mr. Whitekey's show first, have dinner and then change into some dancing shows.

But wait, there's more. It's also going to be a CD release party. I'll have copies of the new CD "Live on the Atomic Mama Show" ready to go.

I can't wait. Halibut Taco's. A pizza from the Mooses Tooth. Get to see the dog. And some live blues with a great band. We'll be playing some new songs that I've written in the last few weeks that will be on the next CD.

So, there you go. Plenty of reasons to come out. Oh, and the weekend before? If you happen to be in Orkney, I'm on the bill with Peter Green. Not bad for a kid from the sticks huh?