Thursday, August 04, 2005

Johnshaven

Thanks Sandy for getting me on the schedule!

Johnshaven Fish Festival, Saturday August 6th. I can honestly say that in all my years I've never followed a pipe (as in bagpipes) band. But there you go, everyday is something new.

The festival was fun, they blocked off the streets and set up a small fair along the waterfront on a beautiful saturday morning. Blue skys and sea breezes. Great fish and chips. All in all a great way to spend a day. Oh, and I got to play 45 minutes of old stomp-down delta blues with special guest Sandy Mathers sitting in on Harp.

Set list went somthing like:

Glenn Highway Blues
You got to move
That same thing
Hummingbird
She's my Home
Voodoo Doll (one of the new songs I promised)
I'll always be in love with you
Preachin Blues, Jitterbug Swing, Fixing to die medley
Future Blues

Probably some others thrown in there too. Oh, here's a picture to prove I was really there: