Sunday, August 28, 2005

Tommy Johnson

So I've got to buy my 4th copy of the complete recorded works of Tommy Johns. It must be the cursed disk in my cd collection.

Disk 1? Lost somewhere in my truck on a cross-country road trip.
Disk 2? Purchased to replace disk 1.

Disk 1 shows up, so I gave disk 2 to a good friend that also has bad luck with Tommy Johnson cds.

Disk 3? Well, disk #1 went walk-about in my truck again. Disk 3 was a much needed replacement.

Before I can crack the shrink-wrap, disk #1 shows up again. So, I saved disk 3 and used it as a raffle item at Blues For My Brother last year.

Now, why disk #4? Well, when unpacking some stuff from my move over here it managed to fall out of my CD binder and get stepped on. I can play the first 4 tracks, but it's just not making it. So, CD #4 is on order.

So, you might infer that Tommy Johnson is a serious addiction, yes? I should probably buy 2 copies, but I'd probably lose both of them. Oh, being a superstitious guy by nature, I'm not adding these tracks to my MP3 player either.

Damn, I *love* TJ's guitar playing too.