Sunday, May 27, 2007

The songs keep coming

Lord, help me, I'm never going to finish this disk.....

I've been playing with a latin-blues riff in G minor the last few days, and it turned into a full-blown song yesterday. I really like it, and that's a problem, because I want it on the new solo disk. What's a guy to do? Well, record it I guess. We are working against a deadline, because if I want this done by the Dundee Blues Bonanza I need to finish it up and have it ready to ship by Friday.

It'll be a horse-race.

Four songs are complete and I'm happy with them (Solitary Blues, Sackcloth and Ashes, Ball and Chain, Hole in my shoe). There's still a couple that I need to finish singing once my voice recovers from last night's gig at the Globe. And then there is that new one. All together it's a total of 15 songs, 4 done, and the best of the remaining ones will make it on the disk. We're sitting right at 16 minutes of material, and once we have about 35 solid minutes of music we'll be ina position to call it done. My goal is to finish them all and pick the best, and then make the rest of the songs available to the folks on my email list. I'l put them out on my MySpace page too.

We have 4 days to go at this, full-time, next week. We'll make it.