Tuesday, May 29, 2007

That Muse again

I'm a real believer in following things to their natural conclusion, letting songs lead the way. And I've been writing and recording like a mad man for the last couple of weeks. What a surprise to hear all the songs together for the first time and realize what a diverse group of songs this collection is. We're covering the roadmap musically, in ways that reflect some of the travelling I've done. There's a tango, some old country blues, some really mellow old country and folk style songs.

Ok, for better or worse we're almost done. A few more things to clean up and we'll be ready to mix this bad boy.

It's funny, but I'm giving this one to some people I trust FIRST, so I can get a read on the range being too broad, or too mellow or too something. Not sure what that might be, but it's different.

I'm not having a crisis, by the way. I love all these songs. So there.