Friday, June 01, 2007

the lap steel rig of doom



I had a chance to road test my new lap steel rig last night at Cafe Drummonds. Here's a photo to show you the new set up. On the right it's my trusty old Fender Pro Reverb, it's one that I've had forever. On the left is a 50 watt Marshall 2x12 combo. It's the old Lead/Bass model, and insane amp in it's own right. Yes, they're both on at the same time, sometimes.

What makes it work is the Radial ABY switcher that I added to my floor board, so I can jump between the two amps.

And, to keep the sound people happy, and keep a lid on the volume, I'm running a Weber (www.tedweber.com) attenuator on the Marshall, and a speaker silencer on the Pro, which knocks the power down to 20-25 watts each.

How's it sound? Like chocolate cake, nice and tasty....